Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Feel Like I’m Too Old For “Selfies”, But …

Painted color portrait of Andrew Pulrang, white man with glasses and brown hair, with a tracheostomy, and wearing a red shirt
I am pretty excited by this rendering of my blog photo, done by the artist who runs a blog called Pretty Sick Art. She makes portraits of disability and chronic illness bloggers. I saw her portraits of several of my favorite bloggers, and when she offered to do them for anyone for just a donation, I thought, “Why not?” That was a few weeks ago, and I had pretty much forgotten about it, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a message this morning saying that my portrait was ready. I will be using it to replace my portrait photo on Disability Thinking, my Tumblr blog, and possibly my Twitter account as well.

No comments: