Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blogging Announcement

White 3-D stick figure with a bullhorn
I am proud to announce the publication of my first post as a contributing blogger at the special needs website Shared Abilities. The post is titled “We Are The Experts”, and you can read it now by clicking the title link.

The plan for my Shared Abilities blog is to focus on disability issues advocacy. My goal will be to encourage Shared Abilities readers to explore ways that policies, practices, and laws can be changed to make real life improvements for people with disabilities and their families. The first post touches on recent developments with the Minimum Wage. My second post will look at an intriguing and possibly game-changing bill in Congress, the ABLE Act.

Blogging at Shared Abilities won’t change my daily blogging at Disability Thinking. This is my baby, so to speak, and will remain the core of my blogging activities for the foreseeable future. It’s good to branch out, though. I do believe I have some unique things to say, and the whole point is for more people to read them. I am grateful to Shared Abilities for offering me this opportunity.

By the way, I am actually one of six new bloggers announced today at Shared Abilities. I hope you will read the other bloggers as well. They each offer their own unique perspectives on disability.

Here are the links one more time:

No comments: