A big thank-you to the 29 people who have completed my survey on what they’d like to see in a disability-themed website. Here are some of the results so far. I have organized the top rated choices in each section … with ties grouped together. I will be using these results to help shape a more extensive Disability Thinking website. In the meantime, the survey is still open, so if you haven’t done it yet, feel free.
- Disability News - Links & Analysis
- Articles by Invited Writers
- Resources - Links by Topic
- Blogs by Selected Bloggers
- Personal Stories by Invited Writers
- Advocacy - Features & Campaigns
- Assistive Tech & Mobility Aids
- Disability Rights Laws
- Disability In Popular Culture & Media
- Identifying & Combating Ableism
- Disability Policy & Politics
- Medical Care
Who Did The Survey?
- 72% Disabled
- 12% Disability Services Providers
- 8% Family Member of Disabled Person
- 8% Other
Of The Disabled People ...
- 85% Physical / Mobility Impairment
- 30% Mental Illness
- 30% Chronic Illness
- 15% Sensory Impairment