Saturday, August 2, 2014

Disability.TV Podcast - Ep. 1, Introduction

Here it is, at long last … my first podcast episode!


Photo of an old style tv set with four disability symbols on the screen. Title reads Disability.TV web address disability thinking.blogspot.com

This introductory episode is different than most of the regular episodes will be. For one thing, I plan on making each episode a more casual, less scripted discussion. And, as I mention in this introduction, I hope several episodes will include guests, so we can have real conversations. This first episode lays out my plans for the podcast, and starts to explore some of the themes and ideas I hope to talk about.

As promised in the episode, I have pasted a tentative schedule of TV shows and characters I plan to discuss below. Please do send feedback, on the podcasts themselves, and on episodes and topics to come. Most importantly, if you have a favorite disabled character or show … or least favorite … and would like to co-host a discussion about it with me, let me know.

One other technical note … In the podcast I mention using SoundCloud. I had some trouble with it, so for now I have switched to a different hosting service, Podbean. I still plan on submitting to iTunes for easy subscribing.

Disability.TV - Tentative Schedule

August 15 - Ironside (Original Series)

August 29 - Ironside (New Series)

September 5 - Friday Night Lights

September 19 - Game Of Thrones - Tyrion Lannister

October 3 - Game Of Thrones - Jaimie Lannister, Bran Stark, and Others

October 17 - Glee

October 31 - My Gimpy Life

November 14 - Big Bang Theory

November 28 - Parenthood

December 12 - Sherlock

December 26 - Red Band Society (New Fall Series)

January 9 - Breaking Bad

January 23 - Star Trek - The Menagerie 1 & 2

February 6 - Star Trek: The Next Heneration - Ethics

February 20 - Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - Melora

March 6 - American Horror Story

March 20 - ER - Dr. Kerry Weaver

April 3 - ER - Mental Illness on ER

April 17 - Downton Abbey

May 1 - The West Wing - President Josiah Bartlett

May 15 - The West Wing - Joey Lucas

May 29 - Life Goes On

June 5 - I, Claudius

No comments: