Sunday, September 7, 2014

Another Podcast Update … And Request

Picture of sharpie pen writing the word HELP! in black capitals on white paper.
I just finished a Skype discussion with Maddy Ruvolo, one of the co-founders of the Disabled Girls Talk podcast, about the disabled characters in Friday Night Lights. It was so much fun and comfortable, and the results so much better than my solo reviews, that I may stop doing solo reviews entirely.

I have tried five times to record my podcast episode on the new Ironside, and I just can’t get through it. Not because the new Ironside is a complicated show … it’s definitely not,  or because I don’t know what I think about it ... it’s a pretty straightforward show. I just think I do better talking about TV shows and disabled characters with someone.

Which leads to my request. I do eventually want to do a podcast on the new Ironside, so I’d like to find someone discuss it with me, using Skype. If you watched any of it last fall, you’re ready to go. If not, you can watch it on your computer using Hulu.com. I can’t pay you, but I will be happy to promote your blog, podcast, Twitter feed, or whatever you have that you would like to promote to an audience interested in disability issues.

It’s fun! And despite my struggles with it, the new, late, lamented Ironside is fun to talk about. If you’re interested, just send an email to: apulrang@icloud.com.

No comments: