- You must be made normal, acceptable
- You must be covered up, disguised, hidden
- You must be less disturbing, disruptive, upsetting
- You must be eliminated, phased out
- You need protection, supervision, monitoring
- You must make us feel good, otherwise you'll make us feel bad
I think all of these describe part of what people with disabilities experience as "ableism". At the same time, I don't think it's enough to apply the "ableism" label to, "all bad things that happen to a disabled person."
So, what IS ableism all about?