Saturday, March 15, 2014

Video Of The Day - "My Gimpy Life"


My Gimpy Life
Episode 8 - “Viral Superstar"

So, that's Season 2. It's hard to judge even a web series with so few episodes, but I enjoyed it. This final episode got into some fairly deep stuff about how people with disabilities are treated in the entertainment industry. And Episode 3's examination of "devotees" was hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time, as it is in real life, I suppose.

Everyone in this series is great. That said, I think my favorite characters this season were Teal 2, ("I'm Teal number 1 motherfucker!"), and Teal Sherer's roommate, Brent. He might even be the show's "breakout star", even though he doesn't have a disability.

What a treat to see Geri Jewell. I loved her "Oh, God" reaction to that bald producer guy,

The final shot of Teal looking out over Hollywood was gorgeous.

I hope Season 3 comes soon!

No comments: